Reply To: Does anyone else's Bengal pee everywhere…….?

Home Forums Behaviour Does anyone else's Bengal pee everywhere…….? Reply To: Does anyone else's Bengal pee everywhere…….?

Teresa032323
Participant

My Bengal can go outside whenever he wants through his Cat door. He only stays in my fenced in backyard, he is walked on a leash and these help tremendously. He refuses to use a litter box but maybe once every 6 months and I’ve tried every litter & litter box known to man in the last 6 years. However…mine is very territorial. He also retaliates. If I don’t feed him in time When he’s howling at me…he will spray and that’s just one example. After I had him about 9 months I got very ill and was home daily except when I went in for chemo or doctor appointments. One evening when I had some stamina I went to my Sisters for 3-4 hours. Came home and he had urinated all over the dining room floor! He was the only animal in my home at the time. I now have two dogs, my Bengal and another domestic female cat all rescues. My Bengal & the domestic barely tolerate each other. The dogs are afraid of the Bengal (🙂). I go to great lengths to keep my Bengal happy, he has a safe eating place where no other animal can take his food, etc. it can be a lot of work. We have been to the vet and had all kinds of tests (he does have a hyperactive thyroid & is on medication). He is now destroying my home by urniating/spraying more often than not. I’m to the point I can’t let anyone into my home and I’m at the end of my rope. I don’t know what to do anymore. Anyone have a suggestion??