I need advice for when we are eating…

Home Forums Behaviour I need advice for when we are eating…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Brian

Hello everyone,

My Bengal Nayla is now 7 months old and I’m trying to teach her what she can or cannot do.

My biggest problem is at dinner time when my wife and I are eating. So far, Nayla jumps up on the table and walk straight to our plates trying to eat our food. I tried placing her on the floor and say “no” firmly a couple of times but she jumps straight back up and doesn’t care.

I have tried these two things:

• Feeding her at the same time we eat but she eats so fast and comes on the table right away when she’s done eating.
      • Giving her a cat toy to distract her but our food is most interesting to her.

I am open to any kind of advice.

Thank you

Brian

DalaThomas

Is she allowed on the table at different times? Getting cats to stay off counters and tables is a battle I never win- mine like to lay on the counter while Im cooking dinner, which means I always have a garnish of cat hair. A spray bottle works- sometimes just the presence of a spray bottle works. :) Or ….. get uses to it, and put her up when you have company- not everyone likes a cat on their table. :)

Laurent Jaccard
      Participant

Try putting aluminum foil on the places that she uses to jump. Cats can’t stand it! After some time she’ll get the message.
      Keep us posted
      Good luck!

Neicie Marie K
      Participant

…GOOD LUCK…BENGALS DO WHAT THEY WANT, WHEN THEY WANT…ID PUT HER IN A ROOM WITH HER OWN PLATE TIL YOUR DONE EATING….

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.